The future of Python immutability

Adam Skutt askutt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 09:18:23 EDT 2009

On Sep 5, 7:38 pm, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-
> No. Lambdas are a *syntactical construct*, not an object. You wouldn't
> talk about "while objects" and "if objects" and "comment objects"
> *because they're not objects*.
This rhetoric precludes functions objects as well and is entirely non-
compelling.

> Functions created with def and functions created with lambda are
> *precisely* the same type of object.
Which means you have lambda objects.  The fact they're same as any
other function is irrelevant and not especially interesting.

> There is no such thing as a "lambda
> object" which is a "special case" of ordinary functions, there are just
> functions.
Hey, I was just trying to resolve tjr's view, he seemed to think
that .__name__ is different is pretty important, and he's the one you
should take your objections up with, not me.