incorrect DeprecationWarning?

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Sep 5 11:19:21 EDT 2009

On 02:28 pm, alan.isaac at gmail.com wrote:

>I am not sure how best to deprecate dependence on the
>Python 2.5 mistake, but this is not it.  And I know at
>least one important library that is affected.

I'll agree that it's not great.  I certainly would have preferred it not
to have been done.  It is futile to complain about this kind of thing on
python-list, though.  Raise the issue on python-dev.  I don't think
anyone will listen to you, but who knows until you try.  If you have an
alternate suggestion to make, that might help gain some traction; if
not, the issue will probably just be dismissed.  Even so, I suspect
someone will say "This is irrelevant, just rename your attribute."
Python developers aren't much concerned with this kind of thing.

Cynically,
Jean-Paul