Support for Windows 7 ?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Sep 4 13:30:21 EDT 2009

> On of my students has installed Windows 7 RTM on his cherished computer,
> and claims that Python 2.6.2 doesn't support it.
> The sample program had a problem with the library function
> os.listdir(dirarg) always returning the same result for different values
> of dirarg.
>
> DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR Python has been tested for Windows 7?

To my knowledge, it works fine. I built and tested Python 3.1.1 on
Windows 7, and didn't notice anything strange.

In most respects, Windows 7 is compatible with Vista, so anything
that runs well on Vista (including Python) should also work on W7
just fine.

If there is a specific problem, we would need a specific test case,
to be reported to bugs.python.org.

Regards,
Martin