match braces?

Fri Sep 4 05:19:34 EDT 2009

On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 00:25:34 -0700, lallous wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you all for your replies.
>
> A simple suggestion as Chris' actually might help.
>
> I am used to two spaces indentation since years, and apparently two
> spaces won't make it clear if no visuals were present (braces, or
> begin/end, ...)

I'm not sure about that.
  A two space indent seems pretty obvious to me.
  But perhaps that's because I'm using a monospaced font.
I suppose if you use a proportional font, spaces will be much narrower,
and it may be harder to notice the indent.

> Though it is not comfortable to change a style, I will play with 8
> spaces indentation, it would naturally make it clearer ;)

How about trying four spaces first?
    Eight spaces is rather a lot, especially once you get to the third
        indent level and a third of the page is whitespace.

--
Steven