Why does this group have so much spam?

Thu Sep 3 05:47:47 EDT 2009

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 04:01:54 -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:

> ISP's price residential service based on average fixed cost and average
> usage. Multiple homes using one connection push those averages up.

Is that meant to be a problem?

When people buy more, the unit price they are paying falls, but the total
price they pay generally goes up. E.g. we've recently upgraded our
business link from AUD$150 per month for 60GB to $190 for 100GB. The per
GB price is less, but the total we pay is more -- and the ISP doesn't
have to do much extra work for that extra money.

--
Steven