Problem w/ mysqldump

Rami Chowdhury rami.chowdhury at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:10:47 EDT 2009

> I tried running the mysqldump command
> from the python prompt

I think you were being asked to try running it from the command prompt
(cmd.exe) -- it won't work from the Python prompt, of course.

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 10:50:55 -0700, Victor Subervi
<victorsubervi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am running this on Windoze. I do not use the mysql db without python.
> I'm
> just building something for a client. I tried running the mysqldump
> command
> from the python prompt. Didn't know I could do that :) It tells me
> "mysqldump is not defined" :(
>
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Nitebirdz
> <nitebirdz at sacredchaos.com>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 08:43:22AM -0400, Victor Subervi wrote:
>> >
>> > Obviously I'm sure. It created the file. But the file was blank. How
>> can
>> > do a mysqldump in mysql itself?
>> >

>> As I said, I only got a blank file when the actual command itself
>> failed.  How do you dump the MySQL database itself without using Python?
>> Just run the 'mysqldump' command from the prompt.  Is that what you are
>> asking?
>>
>> Are you running this on Windows?  What OS?  You do have the 'mysqldump'
>> command available from the shell prompt and in your path, right?
>>
>> --

Rami Chowdhury
"Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity" --
Hanlon's Razor
408-597-7068 (US) / 07875-841-046 (UK) / 0189-245544 (BD)