Why does this group have so much spam?

Wed Sep 2 13:33:13 EDT 2009

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 06:20:39 -0700, Emile van Sebille wrote:

> On 9/1/2009 9:22 PM r said...
>> On Sep 1, 10:16 pm, Steven D'Aprano
>>> Took me two weeks of elapsed time and around 30 hours of effort to
>>> remove those suckers from the machine. Now I run Linux, behind two
>>> firewalls.
>>
>> Takes me less than one hour to rebuild my system
>
> If that's your job (as it's sometimes mine) then that sounds about
> right.  Otherwise, you must have a lot of practice rebuilding!

I could have nuked the machine and rebuilt it from scratch, but I
couldn't find my WinXP original media. Besides, when I started the
process, I had no idea it would take so long.

I learned one thing though. System Restore sounds like a good idea, but
in my experience it's only good for restoring malware when you reboot.

(I won't tell you how many times I deleted the same spyware apps before I
worked out what was happening. Grrr arrghhhh.)

--
Steven