Entry Level Python Jobs

JonathanB doulos05 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 12:52:09 EDT 2009

Ok, so what I'm hearing is "Get a code portfolio together and watch
the job board on python.org." Thanks for the advice!

I've been watching the python job board 3-4 times a week and I've been
working my way through the Project Euler problems in my free time. I
also have a trade generator that I wrote up to support a Traveller
game I was running a while back, but that code is old (the first non-
trivial program I ever wrote) and really fairly buggy. The user
interface is basically an infinite recursion that I sys.exit() out of
when I'm through, which means the code slows considerably as you do
more stuff in it because each trip back to the main menu is a
recursive call to the main() function. Hey, I was young and naive. I'm
working on cleaning it up right now. Any other tips?