An assessment of the Unicode standard

Mel mwilson at the-wire.com
Wed Sep 2 10:13:11 EDT 2009

Gabriel Genellina wrote:

> Looks like we all will have to learn mandarin! A nice language but with a
> high entrance barrier for western people.

It will pay off in the long run.  Problem for me: it seems most people in
Toronto speak Cantonese.  That's just something I'll have to deal with.

Wrote a little 3-in-a-row game to get familiar with Chinese characters.
Astonished at how Chinese-ready Python 2.5 already is. Collecting characters
from web sites and pasting them in to literals in the program source just
works.

	Mel.