Why does this group have so much spam?

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Wed Sep 2 07:28:21 EDT 2009

Am 01.09.2009 22:10, schrieb David:
> Il Mon, 31 Aug 2009 20:06:54 -0700 (PDT), r ha scritto:

>> The system is definitely flawed. I am no internet expert so i don't
>> really know what we could do to fix it. I do fear goverment or
>> corporations taking over of the internet and robbing use of our
>> freedom of speech under the pretense that they will *somehow* save us
>> from the spammers. Something must be done however.
>
> I definitely agree with you on that point, that's why I'm making this
> proposal: the target is to reduce the spam *without* using armies of
> cybercops patrolling all over the net.

Here is another idea: for spam senders pointing to servers under
jurisdiction, size the server and check all incoming requests
from users - if they try to do a deal, prosecute a few of them
in the public for supporting a crime. (And of course if possible
get hold of the spammers too). Sure there would be corner cases
where for example a competitor might try to discredit a company,
but in most cases, cui bono should be the spammer after all.

T.