An assessment of the Unicode standard

Rami Chowdhury rami.chowdhury at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 19:06:10 EDT 2009

> The only trolls in this thread are you and the others who breaks into
> MY THREAD just for the knee-jerk reaction of troll calling!

How does this make one's opinion any less relevant? I think the fact that
you are coming across in this thread as closed-minded, bigoted, and
uninformed gives everyone plenty of right to accuse you of trolling. Being
aggressive about it doesn't help.

Yes, Unicode is a hack, but it's a hack necessitated by the prevalence
(and naivete) of ASCII. If you're advocating something as absurd as
standardizing on a universal, simple language, how about an almost equally
ridiculous proposal: why don't we break backwards-compatibility with ASCII?

--
Rami Chowdhury
"Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity" --