epydoc xml output?

Ole Streicher ole-usenet-spam at gmx.net
Mon Sep 28 06:26:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am using epydoc for my code documentation and I am curious whether
there exist a possibility to produce the output in xml format.

Reason for that is that I want to convert it to WordML and get it into
our private documentation system.

Unfortunately, the documentation does not mention xml, but says that
epydoc is modular. In the epydoc.docwriter.html documentation, there an
example

<book>
  <title>$book.title$</title>
  <pages>$book.count_pages()$</pages>

is mentioned that looks like xml -- but I could get more information
about that.

So, what is the best was to get some structured xml from an
reStructuredText/epydoc formatted API documentation?

Best regards

Ole