Good libraries for network programming (not asynchronous)

Tvrtko qvx3000 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 20:29:43 EDT 2009

Hello,

Is there any good alternative to twisted for network programming which
doesn't involve asynchronous programming? I don't really like the
asynchronous model because it is hard to incorporate all other
blocking libraries that I have to use. And the code doesn't look nice.
I recently found the diesel project which is much nicer, but still
asynchronous.

I'm looking for something that will manage all threads and connections
and be between me and a raw socket.

I know about the socketserver from standard library and I'm asking if
there is anything else.

Thanks,
Tvrtko