Python-list Digest, Vol 72, Issue 210

Threader Slash threaderslash at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 04:14:43 EDT 2009

Hi Roman,

I am using MySQL with Python -- in Windows XP for a contract.

I hope my comments can be useful:

When dealing with installation on Python, I noticed that tiny details can
make a difference -- e.g. first I installed the latest version of Python
3.x, but it did not attend what I am looking for: the need to put MySQLdb
and Python to communicate together.

Then what I need to do was to downgrade the Python version to Python 2.5
which works nicely with the MySQLdb2.5 package. I also installed the
ActivePython-2.6 to get it working with win32com. The ActivePython looks to
me a more complete version of Python compiler.

Then, in the sequence I configured it to compile using Eclipse IDE.

Threader.