How to install pysqlite?

Roman Gorbunov r.d.gorbunov at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 11:18:31 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to install pysqlite (Python interface to the SQLite). I
downloaded the file with the package (pysqlite-2.5.5.tar.gz). And I
did the following:

gunzip pysqlite-2.5.5.tar.gz
tar xvf pysqlite-2.5.5.tar
cd pysqlite-2.5.5
python setup.py install

At the last step I have a problem. I get the following error message:

I found that other peoples also had this problem. For example here:
http://forums.opensuse.org/applications/400363-gcc-fails-during-pysqlite-install.html

As far as I understood in the person had a problem because sqlite2 was
not installed. But in my case, I have sqlite3 (I can run it from
command line).

May be I should change some paths in "setup.cfg"? At the moment I have
there:
#define=
#include_dirs=/usr/local/include
#library_dirs=/usr/local/lib
libraries=sqlite3
define=SQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION

And if I type "which sqlite3" I get:
/usr/bin/sqlite3

Can anybody pleas help me with that problem.

Thank you in advance.