Which version of python I should use if I just start programming in python?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 16:47:50 EDT 2009

Hi,

I just start python programming. That is, I don't have any legacy
code. I notice that there are different versions of python. I would
guess that older version of python has the more libraries than newer
versions. But the code developed in newer versions might be better
supported in the future. Can somebody give a guideline on which
version of python a new python developer shall choose?

Regards,
Peng