[repost] Does standard python have BeautifulSoup (or something like it) ?

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Thu Sep 10 06:56:22 EDT 2009

Hi,

I had sent this question below a couple of months ago but didn't receive any
replies. I forgot about it though, since I had moved on to using BeautifulSoup.
Now however, I am wondering why something like this is not present in the
standard lib. What is the accepted procedure to propose the inclusion of some
module in our beloved 'batteries included' library ?

I'd like to see this module (or something similar) included.

regards,
- steve