Why do you use python?

TerryP bigboss1964 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 18:18:53 EDT 2009

For me a language is a language for the most part, doesn't matter...

Python is a language I choose for any of several reasons:
    0.) It is easy to setup dependent packages on both BSD, Linux, and
Windows
    1.) Most important things already have a Python binding somewhere
    2.) Working in Python is fun
    3.) Python scripts are more portable between OSes then compiled
executables.

I find that Python makes me very productive, and lets me worry more
about the engineering side of the art. However, I'm just as happy
using C or a portable subset of sh. Unless it means writing Swing
layouts by hand.