Are *.pyd's universal?

Albert Hopkins marduk at letterboxes.org
Sat Oct 31 04:51:03 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 21:32 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> Modules will sometimes find
> > themselves on the path in Windows, so the fact that Windows performs
> > library search on the path is quite significant.
>
> Why is it only Windows is prone to this problem?

I think as someone pointed out earlier, in Unix-like operating systems,
a "regular" library's file name starts with "lib", e.g. libcrypt.so.  So
this would not conflict with Python's crypt.so.  But in Windows, they
would both be named crypt.dll, for example (I'm halfway guessing since I
don't have/use Windows).