Aaaargh! "global name 'eggz' is not defined"

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Oct 29 19:25:56 EDT 2009

aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:

> Coincidentally, I tried PyFlakes yesterday and was unimpressed with
> the way it doesn't work with "import *".

That's pretty much the reason to avoid ‘from foo import *’: it makes the
namespace indeterminate without actually running the code. Just as much
a problem for the human reader as for a reader like ‘pyflakes’.

But you knew that already.

--
 \        “Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it |
  `\     has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has |