Bug(s) in Python 3.1.1 Windows installation

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Oct 29 02:04:52 EDT 2009

En Wed, 28 Oct 2009 21:06:03 -0300, Alf P. Steinbach <alfps at start.no>
escribió:

> The installer did manage to do the rest of that part correctly: file
> associations and PATHEXT variable.

The Python installer from python.org does NOT add .py and .pyw to PATHEXT;
the ActivePython one does.

> (3) Tkinter not bundled, misleading & incomplete documentation.
> However, running Tkinter based programs does *not* work:
> import Tkinter

I suggest you read the documentation for the Python version you're using,
not any other at random...
http://docs.python.org/3.1/library/tkinter.html#a-simple-hello-world-program
clearly says "tkinter" instead of "Tkinter"

> Checking I find that while there is a Tkinter folder there is no file
> [Tkinter.py] in this installation, i.e. the Tkinter module is not
> bundled with this distribution.

Read in the tutorial the section about packages. tkinter is a package, not
a module.

--
Gabriel Genellina