Feedback wanted on programming introduction (Python in Windows)

Richard Heathfield rjh at see.sig.invalid
Wed Oct 28 04:08:44 EDT 2009

In <hc8pn3$ddn$1 at news.eternal-september.org>, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:

<snip>

> I may finally have found the perfect language for a practically
> oriented introductory book on programming, namely Python.

<snip>

> I don't know whether this will ever become an actual book. I hope
> so!

<snip>

> So I would would be very happy for feedback.

"Sorry, but this browser does not support web word processing. Please
see our system requirements page for a list of supported browsers."

A Web site should be able to provide at least basic content provision
in *any* standard-conforming browser.

I've seen Steven's parallel comment along similar lines, and Jon
Clements's reply - which appears to solve the problem, albeit in a
semi-proprietary way. So I'm not asking for a solutio, just adding my
vote for "let's try to keep the Web as open to everyone as we can".

<snip>

Email: -http://www. +rjh@
Sig line vacant - apply within