Web development with Python 3.1

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Oct 27 17:34:50 EDT 2009

Dotan Cohen schrieb:
>> Well, yes- but it's also DRY, and while DRTW (like the acronym, btw)
>> helps to prevent your code from being unreadable to someone else,
>> DRY helps to ensure that when you have to change something you
>> don't have to worry about changing it in 37 and a half other places
>> at the same time. Especially given how notoriously difficult it is to
>> do automated testing for web development, that's essential.
>>

> That's what classes are for, no? Reuse code. I fail to see how using a
> framework would reduce the need to use classes, provided that the need
> exists.

A webframework is *written* in python. Your whole line of argumentation
boils down to "I can write things myself in python, why use
libraries/frameworks". Yes. You can also delete your standard-lib, and
code everything in there yourself - with the same argument.

Using a framework is about proven solutions for common problems, letting
you focus on working on your actual application code.

Diez