A new way to configure Python logging

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 23 14:16:22 EDT 2009

> For my part, I'm configuring the loggers in the application entry point

> file, in python code. I'm not sure I am that concerned. However being a
> great fan of this module, I kindly support you for any improvements you
> may add to this module and appreciate all the work you've already done
> so far.

Thanks, I also appreciate your comments on python-list to help out users new to logging or having trouble with it.

If you're happy configuring in code, that's fine. The new functionality is for users who want to do declarative configuration using YAML, JSON or Python source (Django is possibly going to use a dict declared in Python source in the Django settings module to configure logging for Django sites).

Best regards,

Vinay Sajip