Cpython optimization

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Oct 23 13:42:17 EDT 2009

Le Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:53:02 +0200, Olof Bjarnason a écrit :

> This would be way to speed up things in an image processing algorithm:
> 1. divide the image into four subimages 2. let each core process each
> part independently 3. fix&merge (along split lines for example) into a
> resulting, complete image

Well, don't assume you're the first to think about that.
I'm sure that performance-conscious image processing software already has
this kind of tile-based optimizations.
(actually, if you look at benchmarks of 3D rendering which are regularly
done by "enthusiast" websites, it shows exactly that)

Antoine.