Cpython optimization

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Oct 22 15:16:51 EDT 2009

Qrees wrote:
>> http://www.cython.org/
>
> I was thinking about sacrificing some flexibility of Python and thank
> you for pointing me to this project. I didn't about it.
> [...]
> BTW: My seminar deals with object oriented programming.

It's actually not hard to extend the set of optimisations in Cython, and
it's plain object oriented programming against the parse tree. Basically
just finding a code pattern and transforming it into something that does
the same thing, but faster.

It's also a lot of fun, and it certainly feels good to know that your tiny
tweak just made tons of other programs a bit faster.

Stefan