Passing values from html to python

Richard Brodie R.Brodie at rl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 22 08:20:07 EDT 2009

"Albert Hopkins" <marduk at letterboxes.org> wrote in message
news:mailman.1851.1256208328.2807.python-list at python.org...
> On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 10:44 +0200, Ahmed Barakat wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I am playing with google app engine, I have this situation:
>>
>> I have a text box in an html page, I want to get the value in it and
>> pass it to the python script to process it
>
> You need a web server: something that speaks the HTTP protocol.

Google's servers will probably be able to handle his requirements for
the time being ;)

It's going in at the deep end a bit, going straight to App Engine but
webapp or cgi is what you need. Or we could discuss what the best
Python web framework is again...

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/runtime.html#Requests_and_CGI