Fallen Sword

Richard Riley rileyrgdev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 07:56:58 EDT 2009

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrgdev at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:
>> > Reported to service provider as spam.
>>
>> Please don't reply to SPAM. You just make it visible to those of us
>> with better filters. Hint : spammers do not read your reply.
>
> I didn't quote the spam except to be clear which message I'm responding
> to. None of the substantive content was quoted, and the spammer's
> message is thwarted.

Immaterial. You are opening a thread which has no place here or in any
other technical newsgroup.

>> And no one else is really interested in your reports either.
>
> Others who might want the message reported can know that it has already
> happened. I also see it as visibly advocating, by example, the practice
> of reporting each and every spam message to the service provider that
> was used to send it.

That's nice. But please don't do it. You wake up threads and pollute the
thread pool. It's common knowledge never to respond to SPAM
publicly.

The reports fall on deaf ears and real spammers change their access
route more often than a monkey scratches his bits.