mysql select some sort of caching

David Sfiligoi sfiligoi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 21:24:49 EDT 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 00:45:21 -0300, Gabriel Genellina wrote:

> If you want to keep the cursor open, you must commit the (implicit)
> current transaction, even if it only contains selects (a rollback would
> work too).
> Alternatively, lower the transaction isolation level below "repeatable
> reads". Note that in other scenarios, ensuring that the same query
> returns the same results is a Good Thing.

Thanks Gabriel,  I tried the commit suggestion and it works.  I was
thinking that everytime I made a select query and if the data changed
between the select query(like anohter application updating a field and
commiting the transaction), the select query routing inside the database
engine would recognised that the data is no longer the same as the
previous exact same query and would return me the new data.

David