ANN: Testoob 1.15 released

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.se
Wed Oct 21 13:12:41 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-19, oripel wrote:
> On Oct 14, 5:59 pm, Jorgen Grahn <grahn+n... at snipabacken.se> wrote:
>> But this sentence on the home page
>>
>>     The documentation is sadly outdated, but may be
>>     a starting point:
>>
>> made me stop looking.  As far as I can tell, you cannot even find out
>> what's so advanced about it (or why "advanced" is a good thing)
>> without starting to use it.  A brief comparison with module unittest
>> (which I am rather unhappy with) would have been nice, too.
>
> Those are good points Jorgen, thanks.
>
> The briefest summary I would give is:
> (a) You can run your unittest suites unmodified (so it's easy to try
> out)
> (b) The test running options have the potential to whet your appetite:
>
> % testoob -h
> Usage
> =====
>   testoob [options] [test1 [test2 [...]]]
>
> examples:
>   testoob                          - run default set of tests
>   testoob MyTestSuite              - run suite 'MyTestSuite'
>   testoob MyTestCase.testSomething - run MyTestCase.testSomething
>   testoob MyTestCase               - run all 'test*' test methods in
> MyTestCase

> =======
[dozens of options snipped]

Oh, good. Both (a) and (b) are certainly good info for the web page.

Many of the options are for transforming the output -- something I
prefer (as a Unix guy) to do myself with a filtering script I have
control over. Others will like it though, and I like some of the other
options -- especially the one which lists all tests, and the "run
tests which match this string" option.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@  Oo  o.   .  .