Checking a Number for Palindromic Behavior

rurpy at yahoo.com rurpy at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 18:51:57 EDT 2009

On 10/20/2009 03:16 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:18:55 -0700, rurpy wrote:
>
>> 6) Please don't apply your abstract moral standards to
>>  the entire rest of the world, knowing nothing about the particular
>>  circumstances of the poster.
>
> Perhaps you should apply this rule to yourself, and stop telling us how
> to respond to people who give (in our opinion) indications of being lazy
> and dishonest.

Eh?  With the exception of the badly worded first
sentence in that post (which I corrected in another
response) I have consistently maintained that if you
feel a piece-meal or non-response is appropriate,
that is your prerogative.
>From the very post you quote I wrote,

+ Of course, whether you choose to provide a specific
+ answer to something you think is homework, or not,
+ is ultimately a personal decision and you are free
+ to follow your conscious.

Please stop attributing to me things I did not say.

> It's not our responsibility to learn about the poster before answering.
> It's the poster's responsibility to convince us that we should spend our
> valuable time and knowledge helping them. If they don't make the effort,
> well, too bad for them if they're offended. They should get over
> themselves and realize we don't owe them anything -- not even a hearing.

Nice attitude.  Not one I care to adopt though.