Frameworks

Massimo Di Pierro MDiPierro at cs.depaul.edu
Mon Oct 19 12:31:21 EDT 2009

Hello,

Just to clarify. I did not make any statement about "web2py is
superior to SQLAlchemy" since that is somewhat subjective.
SQLALchemy for example does a much better job at accessing legacy
databases. web2py is more limited in that respect and we are working
on removing those limitations.

I do believe web2py is easier to use than SQLAlchemy, is faster (but
yet I do not know SQLAchemy to optimize it properly) and has many
features in common with sqlaclhemy including connection pools, joins,
left joins, aggregates, nested selects (I do not know SQLAlchemy well
enough to know about advanced features that web2py may be missing).
The web2py DAL works on Google App Engine while none of the other ORMs
do.

Massimo