Checking a Number for Palindromic Behavior

Gary Herron gherron at digipen.edu
Sun Oct 18 18:56:38 EDT 2009

Benjamin Middaugh wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who helped with my query on reversing integers. I
> have one more simple problem I'm having trouble solving. I want to
> check a number for palindromic behavior (reading the same backwards
> and forwards). So if I have an integer 1457 it can tell me this is not
> the same from both ends but 1551 is. I think the simplest way would be
> to work inwards from both ends checking digits for equality, but I
> don't know enough (yet) to do this.
>
> All help is much appreciated.
>
> Benjamin

This problem (and the OP's previous problem) are probably homework
problems.   If so, it was unethical for the student to ask for a
solution here, and it was careless of several responders to provide a
solution.   Let's not make the same mistake this time.

Gary Herron

--
Gary Herron, PhD.
Department of Computer Science