best vi / emacs python features

Chris Jones cjns1989 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:29:05 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 07:06:08PM EDT, TerryP wrote:

[..]

> I am a freak: I do not use nor want syntax highlighting. I don't want
> my editor to understand mail, irc, or the www either, I want it to
> edit text efficiently so I can go on with the rest of my life as soon
> as possible. Given the choice of using a space cadets editor like
> emacs or something primitive one like ed, I would choose *ed* just to
> speed things up and save on wrist strain. Before I read a tutorial
> about vi, I used XEmacs very happily---vi just lines up better with
> how my brain works.
>
> --
>
> It is also general consensus that I am nuts ;)

I don't think so.

Always felt that syntax highlighting for instance is way overrated.  Haven't
tried "ed" yet, but since I have already stripped down my everything to what
I thought was minimal, now that you mention it, this may be where I'm bound.

I do have a question:

You mentioned Vim's clientserver mode.

What's it good for?

Thanks,