Rules regarding a post about a commercial product

Wed Oct 7 11:22:23 EDT 2009

Ken Elkabany wrote:
> I am hoping to get feedback for a new, commercial platform that
> targets the python programming language and its users. The product is
> currently in a closed-beta and will be free for at least a couple
> months. After reviewing the only rules I could find
> (http://www.python.org/community/lists/), I wanted to ask one last
> time to make sure that such a post would be appropriate.

You might want to go for comp.lang.python.announce
I am certain you are welcome if you don't spray the area with ads,
see, for example, ActiveState's behavior.  I trust that if you so
start making real money from it, like ActiveState you'll help out
the community that is giving you its support.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org