Skeletal animation

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 20:38:06 EDT 2009

On Oct 4, 5:16 pm, Manowar <r_marcanto... at netzero.net> wrote:
> On Oct 4, 6:38 pm, TerryP <bigboss1... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 4, 10:05 pm, Manowar <r_marcanto... at netzero.net> wrote:
>
> > > I am new to pyton and have asked this question several times the
> > > answer is always not sure.
> > > Here is my question sekeltal animation ( bone animation) is it
> > > possible with python? What i want to develop is an aquarium in
> > > realtime, skeletal animation, all the movements will be from
> > > programming., no keyframes  let me know if it is possible with python
>
> > > Manowar
>
> > Depending on how much code you want to write, you'll probably want to
> > check out something like pygame or python-ogre
>
> Yeah, i know about those but i just really need to know if it is
> possible to do in python
> if it is what about some tutorials on bone animation?

It's possible.  I can't really recommend a tutorial because I don't
know where you are coming from, and it is a very complex subject.
What do know about 3D animation so far?  Have you done 3D animation in
other languages?  Have you done 3D mesh modeling with a tool like 3DS
Max or Blender?  What is your mathematical background (especially in
linear algrebra)?  Please help us help you by providing us details on
what you know already and what you want to do.  You won't get much
help by asking simple yes/no questions.

Carl Banks