Trouble sending / receiving compressed data (using zlib) as HTTP POST to server (in django)

subeen tamim.shahriar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 14:59:27 EDT 2009

Thanks for your response.
> How did you post the data? If you post binary data you should indicate
> this with a proper mime type, like application/octet-stream. Otherwise
> it might be interpreted as text which it isn't.
> --
I am trying to send the data using following code:
    opener = urllib2.build_opener()

    opener.addheaders = [

                     ('User-Agent', 'python'),
                     ('Content-Type', 'application/octet-stream'),
                    ]
    data = zlib.compress(data)
    params = urllib.urlencode({'uid': uid, 'reqid': rid, 'data':
data})
    usock = opener.open(url, params)
    resp = usock.read()

    usock.close()