"from logging import *" causes an error under Ubuntu Karmic

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 4 12:05:17 EDT 2009

On Oct 4, 4:47 pm, Benjamin Kaplan <benjamin.kap... at case.edu> wrote:
> Looks like it's a Python problem, not Ubuntu's.

That's correct, it's a Python problem. A fix has been checked in on
the release26-maint branch (which means that it should be available in
2.6.4) and a unit test added to catch this case in the future.

It was my goof, and I'm sorry for all the inconvenience caused. The
fix was to remove "captureWarnings" and "NullHandler" from __all__ in
logging/__init__.py, so you can patch your local installation if you
need to.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip