Opinions, please, on PEP 8 and local, 3rd party imports

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Fri Oct 2 16:05:04 EDT 2009

Philip Semanchuk <philip at semanchuk.com> wrote:

> In your Pythonic opinion, should 3rd-party modules that live alongside
> homegrown code be listed in import category 2 or 3?

PEP 8 also starts by saying "This document gives coding conventions for the
Python code comprising the standard library in the main Python
distribution."

So while you are free to try to apply it to other code there's no
obligation on you to take all or even any of it as gospel.

You suggest option 2.5 sounds best. Sounds good to me. If it's good for you
then go for it.