Python library "support" propaganda lists?

Aaron Watters aaron.watters at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 08:30:48 EDT 2009

Let me vent my annoyance.

In the last couple months on a few occasions
I've tried various Python libraries (and I'm not going to
name names) and run into some problem.

Following the documented procedure I eventually
post the problem to the "support" list trying to politely
explain everything, including the admission that
it may all be my stupidity causing the problem.

Then I'm told automatically that my post will
be moderated.

Then nothing happens.  The post just disappears.
No offline reply.  Nothing.

I don't know why this happens, but if people
are using their "support" forums as propaganda
lists for only happy news I consider this a serious
violation of the spirit of open source.  There
is nothing wrong with filtering spam, of course,
but silently filtering non-spam, even inane non-spam,
is not acceptable.  At least there should be an
offline RTFM reply to the poster.

There, I feel better now.
    -- Aaron Watters
       http://aaron.oirt.rutgers.edu/myapp/docs/W1100_1600.openFlashCharts