Win XP: How to hide command window for sub processes?

klausfpga klausfpga at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 04:41:56 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a Python script which wants to start a subprocess and wait for
it to finish.

However I would like to have NO command window popping up during
execution.

My main Python script is started with the .pyw suffix, thus I got rid
of the main console and I just see my GUI.

So far I tried
os.system()

and subprocess.call()

with os.system() the command window pops up and I see my commands
output.

with the subprocess.call() and stdin ./ stdout / stderr redirection I
manage  to get rid of stdout/stderr
( redirecting to the file 'NUL:' )

but the window stays.

the subprocess is a call to a .exe file with multiple parameters.

I would appreciate any hints

bye

Klaus