Bug(s) in Python 3.1.1 Windows installation

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Wed Oct 28 18:18:48 EDT 2009

Hi.

Or, to whomever this concerns... ;-)

I thought it would be prudent to install 3.1.1 for Windows from scratch, so I
uninstalled everything (CPython, ActivePython), and then installed Python 3.1.1.

In the "Advanced" option I told the installer to compile packages.

The compiler then found a few syntax errors apparently in some text conversion
test programs, and finally a message box popped up saying that "There is a
problem with this Windows Installer Package",

     http://imgur.com/N6Pbp

and the main installation dialog then reported "Python 3.1.1 installer ended
prematurely. [...] Your system has not been modified".

     http://imgur.com/0kzMS.png

OK, I'll try again /without/ asking it to compile. I'm just reporting this so
that whoever needs to know knows (including maintainers and people wanting to
install this).

Cheers,

- Alf