Fallen Sword

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 21 23:00:03 EDT 2009

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev at gmail.com> writes:

> Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:
> > Reported to service provider as spam.
>
> Please don't reply to SPAM. You just make it visible to those of us
> with better filters. Hint : spammers do not read your reply.

I didn't quote the spam except to be clear which message I'm responding
to. None of the substantive content was quoted, and the spammer's
message is thwarted.

> And no one else is really interested in your reports either.

Others who might want the message reported can know that it has already
happened. I also see it as visibly advocating, by example, the practice
of reporting each and every spam message to the service provider that
was used to send it.

--
 \           “He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.” |
  `\                                          —Maurits Cornelis Escher |