Simple audio

Peter Chant peteRE at MpeteOzilla.Vco.ukE
Tue Oct 20 16:04:35 EDT 2009

What are recommendations for simple audio playback?  I want to play back on
linux (Slackware), which uses alsa.  There seem to be many ways - but some
are a couple of years old and won't compile, like pymedia, or seem not
widely used and need pulseaudio (swmixer) which I have not installed.  I
want to be able to play sounds from a numpy array and would like it to be
non-blocking so I can play sounds without locking out a pyQt front end.

Whats the current best way?

Pete

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk