Spawning Cmd Window via Subprocess

D dmcclouds at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 16:15:42 EDT 2009

Hello,

I would like to be able to spawn a new CMD window (specifing size,
color and placement of the window),  and write to it separately.
Specifically, I have a backup program that displays each file backed
up in the main window, and I would like to spawn and continually
update a second CMD window that will display the current status (i.e.
number of files backed up, amount of data backed up).  Also, I only
want to display the update messages, don't want to display any command
prompts.  I'm thinking I should be able to do this using subprocess,
but I haven't been able to find out how.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!