XML-RPC(using SimpleXMLRPCServer) slow on the first call

Mahi Haile begin.middle.end at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 17:58:45 EDT 2009

Hello all,I have an xml-rpc server running on a machine in the same LAN as
the client. Both the server and the client are in Python.

When I have a series of xmlrepc calls from the client to the server, the
first call usually takes much longer than it should - orders of magnitude.
The latency is usually sub-10ms on the other calls, but the first call takes
up to 10 seconds or so. This are very simple functions, with almost no
computation.

Do you have any ideas?
Thank you,