ANN: GUI2Exe 0.4.0

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 12:07:19 EDT 2009

Hi All,

    I am happy to announce a new release of GUI2Exe (0.4.0).

What is it?
=============

GUI2Exe is my first attempt to unify all the available "executable
builders" for Python in a single and simple to use graphical user
interface. At the moment the supported executable builders are:

- py2exe;
- py2app;
- PyInstaller;
- cx_Freeze;
- bbFreeze.

What's new?
=============

Bug fixes and implementation of new features, namely:

* [py2exe-only]: Possibility to use UPX compression on dlls/exes while
compiling (PyInstaller has a built-in option for it);
* [py2exe-only]: Automatic generation of simple Inno Setup scripts;
* [py2exe-only]: Support for more keywords in the Target class (i.e.,
all distutils keywords are now supported);
* [py2exe-only]: Easy access to the most recent error log file via the
menu Builds => Examine error log file;
* Easy access to the distribution folder via the menu Builds => Open
distribution folder;
* [py2exe-only]: A new distribution folder "Explorer" dialog allows to
check which PYDs and DLLs are included, and to quickly exclude them
and then rebuild the script, with "undo" capabilities.

Project information