Language and collaboration

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Nov 30 18:52:21 EST 2009

Ben Finney wrote:
> "Emanuele D'Arrigo" <manu3d at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Ultimately I certainly appreciate the ubiquity of English even though
>> in the interest of fairness and efficiency I'd prefer the role of
>> common language to be given to a constructed language, such as Ido.
>
> I prefer Lojban <URL:http://www.lojban.org/> as being logically robust
> while fully expressive, and sharing the Ido goal of avoiding
> disadvantage to native speakers of any particular existing language.

Even though I an mative-English speaking and therefore advantaged with
English becoming ubiquitous, I would not mind learning *one* artificial
'natural' language. I even considered Esperanto at one point. But the
advocates of such a lingua franca cannot seem to agree on which ;-).
(Ido? never heard of it before -- will check W.P).

tjr