Bored.

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Mon Nov 30 17:58:05 EST 2009

Necronymouse wrote:
> Hello, I am learning python for about 2 years and I am bored. Not
> with python but I have a little problem, when i want to write
> something I realise that somebody had alredy written it! So i don´t
> want to make a copy of something but i wanna get better in python
> skills. Don´t you know what I should do?

Choose a project that you find interesting. It doesn't matter if someone
has already done something similar because you'll learn more by doing.

When you have something reasonable, compare it to the one that already
exists. Your approach might be better, but if it's not then you can
still see why it isn't and how you could improve.

This way, when you do something that no-one else has done before, you'll
have a better understanding of the language and how best to design and
implement your project.