Python PIL and Vista/Windows 7 .. show() not working ...

Esmail ebonak at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 15:45:09 EST 2009

On Nov 30, 3:08 pm, Lie Ryan <lie.1... at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's your default image viewer? im.show is intended to be for
> debugging purpose and may always guaranteed to work if your image viewer
> doesn't support receiving the file through <I don't know how PIL passes
> the image to the program>.

It's whatever the default windows viewer is :-) .. so if I double-
click on
the image in the filemanager it fires it up and shows it. This works
in XP and Windows 7 and Vista (ie double clicking on the image and
having it display).

I dug around in the docs and found a named parameter that I can set
when I
call show.

Definition:     im.show(self, title=None, command=None)

I installed irfanview and specified it/its path in the parameter,
but that didn't work either. It's really quite puzzling in the
case of Vista since that's been around for quite a few years now.

Esmail